Part 1 – Things that go against you.
Have you had an application for a Visa refused because the Case Officer is not satisfied that you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant?
I see this all the time with Visitor and Student Visas.
Despite that the Legislation does not say you can’t come here as a visitor or student and then apply for something else, a lot of Case Officers refuse for just that reason.
I do a lot of work writing or assisting with GTE Submissions for Visitors and Students and I won’t share my tricks, but I will explain how it works.
Things that go against you:
- You have no job or not one that would be incentive to go back home to, or you have limited prospects of a good job back home.
- You have limited or few family back home, or you have family here.
- You have few or limited assets back home to serve as incentive to return.
- You live in a country associated with war, disease, poverty, 3rd world, poor living conditions, religious restrictions, persecution, economical instability etc
- You have been refused a visa to Australia or another before.
- You don’t have any good reason for visiting Australia.
- You don’t have money or enough money for your proposed stay.
- You have had a visa previously cancelled.
- You have previously had Visa Non-compliance.
- You have pending criminal matters.
- You have applied for protection in Australia before (Don’t even bother trying for a visitor or student visa now). I also believe that it is high risk if a family member has previously applied for protection.
- Your country is considered high risk for overstaying.
- Your country is considered high risk for seeking Protection/Refugee status.
- Students- You have a degree in Electronics or other highly skilled qualification and you want to study Individual support here.
- Students- You have already completed multiple courses in Australia, or you have employed the partner swap tactic where you do a course and your partner stays here with you working. When your course finishes, they do a course and you work. This used to be a good trick, but they are on to it now.
- Students- You came with a COE for a degree or Masters and then when you got here you tried to downgrade to a Cert or diploma course. Expect a cancellation coming soon.
- Students, you don’t satisfy the Case Officer that you have the means of supporting yourself or included family members while you are here.
- Students, you don’t have a good reason for doing the course here as opposed to your own country.
In part 2 I will give some tips on how to get address some of these
Andy Griffiths from Australian Visa Assistance is very experienced in writing successful GTE statements for people from High Risk countries, previous students, and non-compliance cases.